The European Development Days (EDD) are Europe’s leading forum on development and international cooperation. Organized by the European Commission, the forum brings the development community together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
The tenth edition of the European Development Days (EDD 2016) will take place in Brussels on 15-16th June 2016. For its tenth anniversary, EDD 2016 will focus on the ‘2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’, making it one of the very first major conferences dedicated to the issue.
There will be different themes such as:
We are determined to end poverty and hunger, in all their forms and dimensions, and to ensure that all human beings can fulfil their potential in dignity and equality in a healthy environment.
- LEAVE NO-ONE BEHIND
We are determined to protect the planet from degradation, including through sustainable consumption and production, sustainably managing its natural resources and taking urgent action on climate change, so that it can support the needs of the present and future generations.
- CLIMATE CHANGE*
- CIRCULAR ECONOMY/ SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION & PRODUCTION *
- WATER-ENERGY-FOOD NEXUS
* Please note that the Auditorium panels for this topics will be led by DG CLIMA. If you are interested in contributing to this session, please send us an e-mail including details of your foreseen contribution to:
We are determined to ensure that all human beings can enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives and that economic, social and technological progress occurs in harmony with nature.
- INCLUSIVE, SUSTAINABLE & RESILIENT CITIES
- SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION (STI)*
- TRADE, GROWTH & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT*
* Please note that the Auditorium panels for this topics will be led by DG TRADE (tbc) and DG DEVCO. If you are interested in contributing to this session, please send us an e-mail including details of your foreseen contribution to:
We are determined to foster peaceful, just and inclusive societies which are free from fear and violence. There can be no sustainable development without peace, and no peace without sustainable development.
- WORKING WITH FRAGILE STATES
- MIGRATION AND REFUGEES *
- INCLUSIVE AND PEACEFUL SOCIETIES *
* Please note that the Auditorium panels for this topics will be led by DG HOME (tbc). If you are interested in contributing to this session, please send us an e-mail including details of your foreseen contribution to:
We are determined to mobilize the means required to implement this Agenda through a revitalized Global Partnership for Sustainable Development, based on a spirit of strengthened global solidarity, focused in particular on the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable and with the participation of all countries, all stakeholders and all people.
- MEANS OF IMPLEMENTATION
- ENGAGING THE PRIVATE SECTOR
- ENSURING ACCOUNTABILITY: FOLLOW-UP & REVIEW